Encrypted Hard Drive with eSATA and USB Interface
- Secure PIN Access
- Real-time 256-bit Military Grade AES Hardware Encryption
- Utilizes FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption Algorithm
- Ultra-fast eSATA and USB interface for data transfer rates of up to 90MB/sec
- Allows up to 10 PIN Passkeys
- Wear resistant key pad
- Brute Force Self Destruct feature
- VTC Technology
- Extensive shock mounting
- Bus Powered
- Software free design
- Compatible with any OS – Windows, Mac & Linux
Utilize the blazing speed of eSATA with the security of 256-bit AES Hardware Encryption with the Aegis Padlock Pro.
With a software free design, secure PIN access, real-time 256-bit AES encryption and sporting a dual eSATA / USB interface, the ultra-fast Aegis Padlock Pro is the ideal drive for those that require the ultimate in security and speed.
Need to secure your data on the go? The Aegis Padlock Pro fuses hardware data protection with a speedy eSATA and USB connection. Featuring an easy-to-use keypad design and software free setup, the Aegis Padlock Pro enables you to access the drive with your own unique pin.
Military Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption
Your data is protected 24/7 with AES 256-bit hardware encryption. The Aegis Padlock Pro seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive in real-time, keeping your data safe even if the hard drive is removed from its enclosure.
Ultra-fast eSATA and USB interface – Data transfer rates of up to 90MB/sec
Ultra compatible with both eSATA and USB, the Aegis Padlock Pro can support eSATA data transfer rates of up to 90MB/sec. In cases when you can only find a USB port, the Aegis Padlock will work like a conventional USB drive, giving you ultimate flexibility.
Brute Force Self Destruct Feature
The Aegis Padlock Pro uses a three pronged approach to protect against a Brute Force attack. The first step is to deny access to the drive until the drive can verify the user PIN. After several incorrect attempts the drive will lock itself, requiring the drive to be plugged in again to input a PIN. This feature blocks automated attempts to enter PIN numbers. Lastly, after a predetermined number of failed PIN entries, the Padlock Pro assumes it is being attacked and will destroy the encryption key and lock itself, rendering the data useless and requiring a total reset to redeploy the drive.
Protection against hacker attempts doesn’t stop with Brute Force. Incorporated into the Aegis Padlock Pro’s electronics is Apricorn’s Variable Time Circuit (VTC) technology, working to thwart “timing attacks” aimed at accessing the drive by studying the behavior and infiltrating the Padlock’s electronics.
Software Free Design – Setup takes just minutes
With no software installation required for setup or operation and the ability to run on any platform, the Aegis Padlock Pro provides stress free deployment in corporate environments. Its Administrator Feature allows enrollment of up to ten unique user ID’s and one administrator, making it a useful business collaboration tool.
Wear Resistant Key Pad
Designed with protection in mind, the entire Aegis Padlock family incorporates ‘wear resistant’ keypads to hide key usage and avoid tipping off a potential hacker to the commonly used keys.
Data at Rest Protection
All data, PINs, and encryption keys are always encrypted while at rest.
Compact, Rugged Design – Perfect for taking your data on the road
The Padlock Pro’s low powered design is perfect for using with notebooks and taking your data on the road. Bus Powered, the Padlock Pro requires a single connection when used with a Power eSATA / USB Combo port or USB port. When used with the included USB power cable, the Padlock Pro also works with Standard eSATA connections. Perfectly pocketable, the Padlock Pro’s compact, robust design features a 16-point omni-directional shock mounting system, protecting the drive from drops and knocks.
- Convenient ultra-portable design — Ideal to take between home and the office or on trips
- Hardware Encrypted Drive – Real-time 256-bit AES encryption seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive, protecting the drive even if it is removed from its casing
- Secure PIN Access
- Administrator Password feature – Ideal for IT departments looking to secure their mobile users, by allowing setup of administrator access to the drive before being distributed to their mobile user(s).
- Compatible with Combo eSATA / USB ports, Standard eSATA and USB ports
- Bus powered – No AC Adapter required
- Extensive Shock Mounting – Protects your data with a 16-point omni-directional shock mounting system
- Perfect for companies dealing with sensitive information — The Aegis Padlock Pro is the perfect option for companies that need to take sensitive information on the road, such as government or financial institutions
- Secure mobile storage for the road warrior — Excellent for transporting data between desktop & notebook computers, or a secure mobile storage system
- Aegis Padlock Pro
- Travel pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- USB Power cable
- USB Data cable
- eSATA Combo cable
MacWorld, August 18, 2010