Encrypted USB Hard Drive with PIN Access
- Secure PIN Access
- Allows up to 10 PIN Passkeys
- Choice of real-time 128-bit or 256-bit Military Grade AES Hardware Encryption
- Utilizes FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption Algorithm
- Wear resistant key pad
- Brute Force Self Destruct feature
- VTC Technology
- Integrated USB cable
- Extensive shock mounting
- Bus Powered
- Software free design
- Compatible with any OS – Windows, Mac & Linux
Looking for an effortless way to secure your data on the go?
With no software to install, easy setup and 256-bit AES encryption, the Aegis Padlock Secure Drive is the simplest way to protect your data, your customers and your business.
Looking for an effortless way to secure your data? The Aegis Padlock Secure Drive is the ultimate portable hard drive and secure storage system. With an easy-to-use keypad design and software free setup, the Aegis Padlock Secure Drive enables you to access the drive with your own unique pin.
Military Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption
Featuring 256-bit hardware encryption, the Aegis Padlock seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive in real-time, keeping your data safe even if the hard drive is removed from its enclosure.
Brute Force Self Destruct Feature
The Aegis Padlock uses a three pronged approach to protect against a Brute Force attack. The first step is to deny access to the drive until the drive can verify the user PIN. After several incorrect attempts the drive will lock itself, requiring the drive to be plugged in again to input a PIN. This feature blocks automated attempts to enter PIN numbers. Lastly, after a predetermined number of failed PIN entries, the Padlock assumes it is being attacked and will destroy the encryption key and lock itself, rendering the data useless and requiring a total reset to redeploy the Padlock.
Protection against hacker attempts doesn’t stop with Brute Force. Incorporated into the Aegis Padlock’s electronics is Apricorn’s Variable Time Circuit (VTC) technology, working to thwart “timing attacks” aimed at accessing the drive by studying the behavior and infiltrating the Padlock’s electronics.
Software Free Design – Setup takes just minutes
With no software installation required for setup or operation and the ability to run on any platform, the Aegis Padlock Secure Drive provides stress free deployment in corporate environments. Its Administrator Feature allows enrollment of up to ten unique user ID’s and one administrator, making it a useful business collaboration tool.
Wear Resistant Key Pad
Designed with protection in mind, the entire Aegis Padlock family incorporates ‘wear resistant’ keypads to hide key usage and avoid tipping off a potential hacker to the commonly used keys.
Data at Rest Protection
All data, PINs, and encryption keys are always encrypted while at rest.
Compact, Rugged Design – Perfect for taking your data on the road
The Aegis Padlock’s low powered design is perfect for using with notebooks and taking your data on the road. Perfectly pocketable, the Aegis Padlock’s compact, robust design features a 16-point omni-directional shock mounting system, protecting the drive from drops and knocks. The convenient integrated USB cable eliminates the need to carry around cords with you and allows you to be connected at the flick of a fingertip.
- Convenient ultra-portable design — Ideal to take between home and the office or on trips
- Hardware Encrypted Drive – Real-time 256-bit AES encryption seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive, protecting the drive even if it is removed from it’s casing
- Simple to use PIN Access
- Administrator Password feature – Ideal for IT departments looking to secure their mobile users, by allowing setup of administrator access to the drive before being distributed to their mobile user(s).
- Bus powered – Bus powered from standard USB Port
- Integrated USB cable
- Extensive Shock Mounting – Protects your data with a 16-point omni-directional shock mounting system
- Perfect for companies dealing with sensitive information — The Aegis Padlock is the perfect option for companies that need to take sensitive information on the road, such as government or financial institutions
- Secure mobile storage for the road warrior — Excellent for transporting data between desktop & notebook computers, or a secure mobile storage system
- Aegis Padlock external hard drive with integrated USB cable
- Y-auxiliary power cable
- Travel pouch
- Quick Start Guide
Secure Backup: Aegis Padlock 750GB Hardware Encrypted Portable Drive
DigitalReviews.net, 04 December 2010
Tech under the tree: Apricorn Aegis Padlock secure portable hard drive
Davis D. Janowski, November 17, 2010